Welcome to Our Policies page of Apache Family Campground & Pier. It is our priority to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all of our guests. Our goal is to keep a high level of cleanliness and security throughout the campground. We request that all visitors read and comply with our policies to ensure a comfortable stay for everyone.
At Apache Family Campground & Pier, we strive to create an atmosphere of camaraderie and respect for all our guests. We are committed to providing an excellent camping experience and hope that our policies serve as a helpful resource for anyone planning a visit with us.
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests, we have established the following campground policies:
Check-in / Check-out Time
RV & Campsites – Check-in time is 12:00PM, and Check-out time is 11:00AM.
Vacation Rentals – Check-in time is 4:00PM, and Check-out time is 10:00AM.
*Early check-ins and late check-outs may be accommodated based on availability, but additional charges may apply.
All campsite reservations must be made through our official booking channels. Walk-in reservations are subject to availability.
Quiet hours are observed from 11:00PM – 7:00AM. Please be considerate of your fellow campers during these hours.
In line with our commitment to safety, we emphasize the importance of driving slowly throughout the campground. The speed limit throughout the campsite is set at 9 miles per hour. Whether you are arriving, departing, or simply exploring the area, driving at a controlled pace contributes significantly to the overall well-being of our community. Throughout the night, we kindly request that you lower your headlights to low beam as a courtesy to others. Avoid honking your horn, revving your engine, or playing loud music from your vehicle.
We allow golf carts on our premises with certain conditions. All golf carts must be registered with our office and display a valid permit during the entire stay. Drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license. Golf carts are to be driven only on roads within the campground and strictly prohibited on the beach and other designated areas. Operating a golf cart under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited. All safety precautions must be taken into consideration, including the use of headlights and seat belts. Speed limits must be adhered to at all times. Any violations of this policy will result in immediate revocation of golf cart privileges and removal from the campground. We value the safety of our guests and hope to create a enjoyable environment for everyone.
Campfires & Grills
Campfires are permitted only in designated fire rings or grills. Please do not leave fires unattended, and fully extinguish them before leaving the area.
Alcohol and Substance Use
Alcohol consumption is allowed at your campsite, but please do so responsibly. The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
Smoking is permitted, but please be courteous to other guests and children if you smoke. Please use a designated smoking area whenever possible.
Pets at the Campground
Pets are welcome but must be verified for access and permission from the main office first. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pets, and do not leave them unattended.
Pets on the Beach
Pets are not allowed on the beaches from 10:00AM – 5:00PM (7 days a week) May 1 through Labor Day. This is a county ordinance that is effective on all public beaches in Horry County, South Carolina.
Dispose of trash and recyclables in designated containers. Dumpsters are provided for your convenience.
Wildlife and Conservation
Respect local wildlife and natural surroundings. Do not disturb or feed wild animals, and adhere to all conservation guidelines.
Please keep your campsite clean and tidy during your stay. Do not damage or alter natural features, trees, or vegetation.
If you have a generator, please use it during designated hours and be mindful of noise levels to avoid disturbing other campers.
Respectful and courteous behavior towards fellow campers and campground staff is expected at all times. Disorderly conduct, harassment, or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
Security and Valuables
While we take security measures to protect our guests, we recommend securing your valuables and belongings. Apache Family Campground & Pier is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Familiarize yourself with the Campground's emergency procedures and the location of emergency exits, fire extinguishers, and first-aid stations.
Enjoy the amenities and facilities provided, such as the pier, swimming pool, and playground. Follow posted rules and hours of operation.
Compliance with Local Laws
Guests must comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations while on the campground premises.
Violation of Policies
Violation of campground policies may result in eviction from the campground without a refund.
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these campground policies. Our aim is to create a safe and enjoyable environment for all our guests. If you have any questions or concerns during your stay, please contact our campground staff for assistance.
Thank you for choosing Apache Family Campground & Pier for your camping experience in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We wish you a wonderful and memorable stay!
RV & Campsite Reservation Policy
At Apache Family Campground & Pier, we want to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable camping experience. To do so, we have established the following RV & Campsite Reservation Policy:
- Off-Season Discount – Stay six (6) nights get one (1) night FREE (applies to camping rates only) We reserve the right to assign campsites and we will consider your area preference, yet we cannot guarantee any specific site.
- Requested changes of site location may not be available when you arrive. Please ensure that your arrival and departure dates are correct. If there are any mistakes, let us know immediately.
- For your convenience, we accept reservations.
- A reservation deposit equal to one day plus applicable taxes is required to secure a site.
- A minimum of three (3) days is required for holiday weekends.
- A seven (7) day stay is required for the week of the 4th of July.
- Your reservation is considered confirmed once you receive a booking confirmation email and your payment has been processed.
- Cancellations requesting a refund of deposit are subject to a $25 service charge.
- Cancellations less than seven (7) days prior to arrival forfeit reservation deposit equal to one day plus applicable taxes.
- No minors without a parent or guardian.
- Daily Site Charges cover a family of four (4) people and two (2) vehicles. Your camping unit counts as one of the two (2) vehicles. We will charge the current rate for more than two (2) vehicles.
- Daily Site Charges are subject to change without notice.
- Pets are welcome but must be verified for access and permission from the main office first. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pets, and do not leave them unattended.
- AAA, AARP, Good Sam, and Military Discounts are available off-season only, and are not valid with any other discount.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Guests will receive special discounts for the Pier.
- Visitors are welcome but must register at the office and pay the daily admission fee.
- Please note that our main entrance gate closes at 1:00am to all incoming traffic.
By adhering to our RV & Campsite Reservation Policy, we hope to provide an unforgettable experience for all of our guests at Apache Family Campground & Pier.
Leisure Living Vacation Rental Policy
Rental AgreementAll reservations for Leisure Living Vacation Rentals must be made through our website or office, and a signed rental agreement is required upon check-in. During Peak Season (from the first Saturday of April through the first Saturday of September annually), reservations must be for a consecutive 7-day period.
Rental FeesAll Leisure Living Vacation Rentals require additional fees when booking your reservation. These include: cleaning fee, reservation fee, management fee, and a security damage deposit (returned upon departure). All fees are subject to change without advance notice.
Rental ConfirmationYour rental reservation is considered confirmed once you receive a booking confirmation email and your payment has been processed.
Age RequirementGuests must be 21 years of age or older to rent a Leisure Living Vacation Rental Unit.
Check-In and Check-OutCheck-in time is 4:00PM, and Check-out time is 10:00AM. *Early check-ins and late check-outs may be accommodated based on availability, but additional charges may apply. **Please note that our main entrance gate closes at 1:00am to all incoming traffic.
Maximum OccupancyEach Leisure Living Vacation Rental Unit has a maximum occupancy limit, which includes adults and children. This limit must not be exceeded, and additional charges may apply for extra guests.
PetsPlease be advised that pets are generally not permitted in the majority of our Leisure Living Vacation Rentals. However, we do offer a select few units that are pet-friendly. If you wish to bring your furry friend along, kindly check our list of designated pet-friendly vacation units for accommodation options that welcome pets.
SmokingSmoking is not allowed in Leisure Living Vacation Rentals. Please use a designated smoking area.
DamagesGuests are responsible for any damages caused during their stay and will be charged accordingly. We appreciate your cooperation with these policies and hope you have a wonderful vacation at Apache Family Campground & Pier.
CancellationsRV & Campsites – If you cancel your reservation, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $25. If you cancel your reservation within seven (7) days of your arrival, your entire deposit is forfeited. Leisure Living Vacation Rentals – If you cancel your reservation, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $40. If you cancel your reservation within two weeks (14 days) of your arrival, your entire deposit is forfeited. All Leisure Living rates and taxes must be paid in full 30 days prior to arrival.
RefundsThere is a NO REFUND POLICY after check-in. Refunds, if applicable, will be processed back to the original payment method used for the reservation. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to reflect in your account.
No-Show PolicyIf you do not arrive on your scheduled arrival date (a "no-show"), your reservation will be canceled, and you will not be eligible for a refund.
Early DepartureIf you decide to depart early after checking in, there will be no refunds issued for the unused portion of your reservation.
Changing Reservation DatesWe understand that plans can change, and you may need to modify your reservation dates. Changes to your reservation are subject to availability and must be made at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Any changes made within 14 days of arrival may be subject to additional charges or forfeiture of the reservation deposit.
Refund ProcessingRefunds, if applicable, will be processed back to the original payment method used for booking. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to reflect in your account.
Group ReservationsSpecial cancellation policies may apply to group reservations. Please contact our reservations team for specific details regarding group bookings.
Inclement WeatherIn the event of severe weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may impact your stay, please contact us as soon as possible. We will work with you to find a suitable solution, which may include rescheduling your reservation.
Contact InformationFor all reservation changes, cancellations, or inquiries, please contact our reservations team at (843)449-7323 / (800)553-1749, or send us a message on our Contact Page.
Subject to ChangePlease note that this cancellation policy is subject to change without notice. We recommend reviewing the policy at the time of booking to ensure you have the most up-to-date information. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our cancellation policy. We look forward to hosting you at Apache Family Campground & Pier in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and providing you with a wonderful camping experience. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to Contact Us. Thank you for choosing Apache Family Campground & Pier for your camping adventure.
Apache Pier Rules
The Apache Pier at Apache Family Campground & Pier has a set of rules and policies that visitors are expected to abide by. These include, but are not limited to:
- No Littering
- No Bare Feet (Shoes Required)
- No Running
- No Jumping or Diving from Pier
- No Sitting on Any Railing
- No Bikes / Skateboards / Rollerblades
- No Animals
- No Unaccompanied Minors Under 15 Years of Age
- No Drones
- No Shark Fishing
- No Chumming
- No Profanity
- No Firearms or Weapons
- No Lasers
- No Fireworks
- No Fishing at Any Time Without a Pier Fishing Pass
- No Alcohol (We reserve the right to check coolers) *Alcohol may be purchased and consumed on the pier during Live Entertainment Events. No outside alcohol is permitted.
- No Intoxicated Individuals (Anyone not abiding by this rule will be escorted from the Pier by the Horry County Police.)
These rules ensure the safety of everyone enjoying the pier or fishing, preserve the natural environment and wildlife, and maintain a peaceful and enjoyable experience for all visitors. Failure to follow these rules may result in penalties such as suspension of pier privileges, fines, or eviction from the campground.
Pool Hours ar 10:00am to 10:00PM
- There should be no solo swimming – bring a friend or family member to enjoy with you.
- No children should be in or near the pool without supervision.
- Please no running, rough play, or overly loud or boisterous activity.
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs should use the pool.
- No animals or pets allowed within the pool enclosure.
- No spitting or blowing nose in the pool.
- Persons should shower off before entering the pool, especially to remove sand.
- Persons with skin, eye, ear, or respiratory infections should not enter the pool.
- Persons with diarrheal illness or nausea should not enter the pool.
- Persons with open cuts, lesions, or wounds should not enter the pool.
- Please no glass containers or objects in the pool area.
- The First Aid kit and an Emergency Phone is located at the Trading Post.
- Lifesaving Equipment is located at the Big Pool area.
- Maximum number of swimmers allowed in the pool at once is 14.
- Use of the pool is at your own risk – please enjoy the pool safely and responsibly.
Beach Rules & Regulations
Horry County, South Carolina, enforces beach rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all visitors. While on the beach, guests are required to follow the county rules, which include no littering, no alcohol, no glass containers, and umbrella restrictions on the beach. Visitors are also required to follow specific rules set forth by the campground, including no open flame fires, no fireworks, and no driving on the beach. Additionally, all beachgoers should be aware of any posted warnings or closures due to inclement weather or dangerous ocean conditions. Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations may result in fines or other consequences. So, enjoy your time at the beach and respect the rules to keep it beautiful and safe for everyone.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach and beach accesses
- Fires, including grills and the releasing of Chinese lanterns, are prohibited on the beach.
- No vehicles are allowed on the beach. • No sleeping on the beach or beach accesses from 9:00PM to 8:00AM.
- Nudity is prohibited including thong bathing suits.
- Fireworks are prohibited on the beach and oceanfront properties.
- No littering on the beach or the ocean.
- No animals are permitted on the beach from 10:00AM to 5:00PM, from May 1 through Labor Day.
- Must be on a hand held leash no longer than 7-feet.
- Owners must clean up after their animals.
- Prohibited animals include reptiles and exotic animals.
- Shark fishing from any pier, the beach and shore is prohibited. • At the time of recognition, fishermen must release sharks and any ether dangerous marine animals.
- Anyone surf fishing must obtain a valid South Carolina issued Surf Fishing License in accordance with State Law.
- Horses are only allowed on the beach from November 1 through February 28 in the designated equestrian zone, which is the central portion of the beach and is south of Myrtle Beach and north of Surfside Beach.
- Horse owners must pick up after their animals.
- Swimmers are not allowed more than 50 yards from shore or less depending on conditions.
- Swimmers are not allowed to be more than chest deep or less depending on conditions.
- Swimmers must obey all lifeguard directions at all times.
- Are allowed if they are fabric-covered, have a 360-degree rope with a 10 percent slack, or must be a U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation device.
- This section does not apply to surfboards, paddleboards and skimboards.
- Are permitted on the beaches from November 1 through February 28 and must have a valid state permit and operated by a licensed driver.
- Surfing is allowed anywhere along our beaches from sunrise to sunset.
- No surfing allowed within 75 yards of any pier.
- All surfers must wear a surging leash with a maximum length of 7-feet at all times.
- Any shading devices that impede the lifeguard's view/area of responsibility, may be asked to move.
- No shading device may be placed within 10-feet of any established umbrella line by the beach franchise holders and must be in line with or landward of the established umbrella line.
- Shading devices, other than circular umbrellas with a circular shade no greater than seven feet six inches (7’6”) in diameter and small pop-up/blow-up cabanas no larger than 4’ x 3’ x 3’ for infants and very small children, are not permitted on the beach (year-round). This includes, but is not limited to, tents, tarps, cabanas, pavilions, sports-brellas, or similar devices. An umbrella is defined as a collapsible circular shade consisting of a natural or synthetic fabric shade stretched over hinged ribs radiating from a central pole without grounding lines or ropes.
- Shading devices of any kind cannot be tied, bound, or connected in any manner.
- All shading devices must be secured.
- No items (shading devices, floats, chairs, etc.) can be left on the beach between the hours of 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. Items will be removed.
- Sailboats, boats, jet skis, or other watercraft cannot be left on the beach anytime after sunset or before sunrise or left unattended.
- Motorboats may not be operated, except jet skis or similar vessel, in the ocean within 400-yards of shore.
- Jet skis may not be operated in the ocean within 100-yards of shore from May 1 through Labor Day. However, it is ok to launch and return jet skis from the beach.
- Sailboats, kite surfing, and like devices may not be operated in the ocean within 100-yards of shore from May 1 through Labor Day. However, it is ok to launch and return such devices from the beach.